Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

[E]  BOSS: SIR LOBOS

Away HAN Jul 14 2020, 11:10 AM
#16
  • Svalbard
  • Age: 30
  • Gender: Female
  • Race: Human
  • Rank: Imperial Knight
  • Total Posts: 8
  • Played by: G
190 Mana · View All Items?
The majority of her attention is fixated on the fires cropping up around the now mostly empty square. Only the knights and the motley cluster of challengers remained. Relieved that all of the fragile bystanders have been evacuated, her neck craned as she looked for the most pressing fires. She would've been a fool to ignore the still threatening beast that rampaged. A familiar voice marked the incoming flames and she ducked into a low crouch, using the debris around her to ward off most of the flames.

It didn't stop the streaks of fire from searing her back and shoulders and it was with a grimace that she stood, biting off another curse before tossing a quick cut off salute to Asa, a silent thanks for her warning. A quick command saw the knights reconvened and redirected. One half on the snarl of fire that threatened, the others with her to try and put out the new fires that had erupted around her.

Action: Putting out the larger fires.
Roll for the Dodge: 19
Offline Salamander Jul 14 2020, 11:25 AM
#17
  • Rogue
  • Age: 28
  • Gender: Non-binary
  • Race: Eximius
  • Rank: Quartermaster
  • Total Posts: 49
  • Played by: Sbicy
120 Mana · View All Items?
The cockatrice is reeling with pain and panic as yet another enters the fray. This time, the human is pleading for them to leave the creature be and to stop hurting it, a notion Salamander thought quite insane as the debris starts to move. Part of the street becomes blocked off, turning into a makeshift corral that the cockatrice partially backs into to distance itself from the individuals swiping at its legs. Seeming quite fed up with the assault, it dips its head as Salamander moves beside the human to briefly scold them and shove them aside, getting to do neither before the beak opens and their vision goes red.

Heat licks across their skin, searing their hair and open eyes as their arm jumps to cover most of their face just a tad too late. It blocks the worst of the damage and deals it to the outside of their forearm and right side, hot enough to melt burns right through their scales and leave angry, bright-red wounds. Pain explodes in their senses, hissing as they feel their body kick into overdrive. The nerves grow numb, a raw hand shakily tearing the ruined shirt from their chest to stomp out the fire clinging to it on the ground. Their right eye swells, part of their face inflamed from the attack. Wind from the alicorn stirs up the dust, reigniting the agony across their flesh with each pump of its wings until it lands.

"Get the hell out of here, idiot." Salamander snarls to the human who attempted to calm the beast, quite peeved at the amount of discomfort they are in. Thinking it best not to attack right away this time, they slide into a defensive stance in preparation to dodge another bout of fire, giving their burning senses a short few seconds to recover before throwing themselves back into the fray.

Rolling with dicebot on discord
Result: 7 (7+0) FULL FIRE DAMAGE TAKEN (20)
Offline Alexander Jul 14 2020, 7:47 PM
#18
  • Svalbard
  • Age: 31
  • Gender: Male
  • Race: Human
  • Rank: Civilian
  • Total Posts: 11
  • Played by: KittyKookiez
120 Mana · View All Items?
Heat swelled inside his hands, the energy balling themselves up into condensed electrical currents. He crouched low, one knee on the ground while the other remained bent, and placed both hands on the ground in preparation for his attack. It is as he is about to focus the current to travel to the cockatrice that he notices the environment shifting. Objects once broken and on fire were now being moved telekinetically to form a barrier around the beast. After a moment of staring at the floating objects, Alex looks around for the source of the reasoning, and there it is: he looked as obvious as he could, with eyes closed and hands moving with intent. This man was actively blocking his way now; Alex couldn't see a god damn thing.

But the energy was charged, and he'd like to say he still had a clear idea of where the cockatrice was despite the barriers now blocking his way. The current surges forward, going deep underground--avoiding all things above and anything in its way, from Alex to the cockatrice--but just as he is about to curve the currents upwards, a wall of flame erupts easily through the barrier, straight to him.

The man is instantaneous and unbearable. Instantly the man surges upwards, body alighting in flames that had only passed him by for a moment. It is not as bad as it could have been if he were closer, nor if the fire were directly aimed at him, but fire is fire. First and second degree burns quickly form over most of right side of his body, his legs most protected by it from the thick pants he wore. Blisters and red swelts appear on his arms, side, and hands, and he screams from the aftermath of the flames. He rips his shirt from his body, right eye closed, left eye narrowed, and clings gingerly at his most injured arm. Through the pain and heat, Alex is able to focus long enough on who he believes is to blame for his injuries. Heat quickly courses through his left hand, forming a small ball of lightning that he haphazardly throws at the black-haired man. It misses, of course, for Alex is clearly not in the right mind. But it is obvious that the ball was meant for the man who put up the barriers, and this is confirmed in the way he angrily yells at him afterwards. "Look what you fucking did!" it hurts to move, so he stands there with a slight sway, "Why'd you put up the fucking barriers?!"

Rolled via Discord.
Rolled a 4 (failed dodge) & 3 (failed attack on the cockatrice via Electrokinesis).
Summary: Tries to attack the cockatrice, misses, and fails to dodge the fire. Also tries to attack Cynebald, but also misses lmao
------

Assume Alexander is speaking English, unless otherwise specified.
Offline Cynebald Jul 14 2020, 8:31 PM
#19
  • Ballasburn
  • Age: 24
  • Gender: Male
  • Race: Human
  • Rank: Citizen
  • Total Posts: 8
  • Played by: Isilzheha
30 Mana · View All Items?
It was everything all at once and Cynebald knew it would be that way. There were no other possible outcomes for the chaos other than chaos itself once the beast of burden had been agitated. It was fearful, though growing more desperate and angered with each attempt against its life. Cynebald had seen the fear, could see it now standing so close as beady eyes rolled and legs trembled from slashes upon them. It was larger than life now, and once the bait had been placed the human felt only the smallest bit of hope in the suspenseful lull of the battle. Flames still raged, people still cried out from their wounds, and there was so much smoke in his lungs. His chest burned, the hairs were singing off his body, and all he felt was frustration. Desperation. So much destruction that could have been avoided and prevented from getting to this magnitude if people had just looked.

Cynebald also knew that making those decisions when something so seemingly angered and violent was hurting people could mean life or death. Killing the cockatrice would seem like the best solution, perhaps even the only one, to the seasoned warriors he evidently stood amongst. It made him feel small and insignificant. Nothing but the ash upon the winds. Cynebald swallowed roughly, eyes flitting between the alicorn and rider that swiped the cockatrice's beak, the flames that poured out, the electricity that continued to crackle. Cynebald only had a moment to think, ducking behind a shattered wagon with a yelp that turned into a scream when the heat washed over him. His arms were up and his back turned towards it, taking the brunt of the attack. Fabric sizzled away in burnt patches that sank down into now blistering skin that split and peeled. Cynebald's world wavered, his vision watery and tears streaked through the soot on his face. He couldn't think with all the noise, the flash of electricity exploding along the ground near to him making him jump.

He'd all but collapsed now, arms struggling to hold himself up. He threw the pack off his back as it continued to burn long after the torrent stopped. The cockatrice was shrieking, snapping its beak to keep the others at bay. The knights were trying to push through the barriers, managing to trickle through now. Cynebald lifted his head, shaking it. "I-I'm sorry, I…" he sniffled, words catching in his throat in the face of the aggression towards him. "The fires need to be put out! I can- I can calm it I can calm it," he pressed on as he stood, swaying with the searing agony and nearly collapsing. Cynebald continued to mumble that phrase, over and over like a mantra, and turned back around. His legs were wobbly, but he forced himself to move, skin pulling taut and he groaned. Stiffly he gave a wide berth to the others who had stood in front of him, feet dragging and almost tripping. His arms lifted, and he collected what moisture he could in his mouth to whistle, trying to catch the beast's attention.

He needed to think, he needed a moment, just a moment. He couldn't think, and perhaps that was the problem with what he did next. The barriers continuing to grow larger were pulled upon further as the fires continued to consume to make more of it. Cynebald tried to stack them higher, feeling the strain. "I can do this," he whispered weakly, breathlessly. He fixated on the cockatrice as he closed them both in with the bait he laid, trying to shield the cockatrice from further assault. "Let me help, I-I don't know if… you can even understand me. You, um, have to try. They will stop if you stop!"




Action: Creates more barriers with Technopathy to try and give defense to Sir Lobos/block line of sight and close himself in with the cockatrice + Animal Bait. He tries to soothe the cockatrice with voice and hopefully a decrease in attacks against it.
Dodge: 8 (Failure. -20HP)
Discord Server Bot: 4
Offline sbicy Jul 15 2020, 8:24 PM
#20
  • Age: 27
  • Gender: Female
  • Race: Human
  • Rank:
  • Total Posts: 7
  • Played by: Sbicy
170 Mana · View All Items?

SIR LOBOS ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆


  • Plants Teleportation Freezelock
    PLANTS | TELEPORTATION | FREEZELOCK



    HP: 150 (81)
    ABILITIES (1): Screech; roll for chance to stun enemy party for one turn
    BUFFS: None
    FLAVOR TEXT: Panicked and confused, Sir Lobos attempts to retreat.

    ______


    → Sir Lobos has taken 18 damage from ASA. His RIGHT SIDE and RIGHT LEG are moderately injured. The blow from ASA's spear has begun to cause HEAVY BLEEDING from his BACK. Sir Lobos continues to step away until its meets the makeshift debris wall. Feathers slick with blood poof out, trying to make himself look bigger in an effort to intimidate CYNEBALD while his feet attempt to back up over the debris that gives in to his bulk.

    → Sir Lobos is injured and is further unsettled by being boxed in, but does not immediately attack (rolled 14 to focus).

    → The small fire caused by the downed lanterns and SALAMANDER'S Electrokinesis are beginning to be contained. Larger fires continue to spread.

    → Sir Lobos has temporarily halted his assault, gaze intent on CYNEBALD.

    ______


    ASA: 50HP | SALAMANDER: 30HP | HAN: 40HP | CYNEBALD: 30HP | ALEXANDER: 30HP



Offline Asa Jul 17 2020, 8:20 AM
#21
  • Dorsum
  • Age: 27
  • Gender: Female
  • Race: Human
  • Rank: Knight
  • Total Posts: 24
  • Played by: Day
180 Mana · View All Items?
She had gotten the gist of Cynebald’s requests, though it had been difficult to piece together. The barriers he put up (up until now she hadn’t known who was doing them), the animal bait, the...somewhat desperate babbling. A streak of lightning zips by Cynebald and, by proxy, Asa, making Valkon whinny. She turns her head to find Alex there, face red in anger (or more likely from fire-blisters).

Her expression sets at him. A flinty look, a rare thing from Asa. Look what you fucking did! he says; spoken like a true bully, according to her. “Assault is assault, even in times such as these. You’re lucky you missed.” Afterwards, she drops from Valkon’s back.

As a rule, Asa doesn’t believe in the welfare of rampaging monsters over a town full of people. Yet it was plain to see that the cockatrice was faltering. It backs up against a barrier, step by step, bleeding from all sides, looking more fearful now than violent. With sword still in hand, shield up, ready for a charge, she then calls forth her Reflect in case of incoming flames. It envelopes her form, and Cynebald’s, since he was close by — and should he choose to stay within its radius.

“Well. Go on then,” she tells him. “Try. I’ll be right behind. But I should warn you, I won’t give the beast many chances.”

Valkon lifts off again to help the fire-control effort. He picks Han out of the crowd and her posse over bucket-carrying knights, and wills the water from their contents to spray it out over the flames. He’s rather careless with it, though, splashing Han’s face and entire front as he does so.

No roll this time
Actions: Asa casts Reflect; Valkon helps control the fire with hydrokinesis
Offline Salamander Jul 18 2020, 9:18 AM
#22
  • Rogue
  • Age: 28
  • Gender: Non-binary
  • Race: Eximius
  • Rank: Quartermaster
  • Total Posts: 49
  • Played by: Sbicy
120 Mana · View All Items?
Salamander watches as the, quite crispy looking, human insists upon trying to win the frightened cockatrice's affections. Further boxing himself in with the creature, the winged rider endorses his efforts and takes back to the skies. Left with one half of their body burnt, the eximius glances around at the fires and torn down stalls. Approaching the barrier made of fallen debris, they wince as pushing some of it aside aggravates the fresh, raw burns that have charred their scales. Making enough of a dent to peer through, they keep their swords held at the ready in their hands, prepared to dive in and take advantage of the cockatrice finding a quick meal in the foolish boy attempting to calm it.

Salamander chooses to wait and see what happens with Cynebald and Sir Lobos.
Away HAN Jul 19 2020, 2:56 AM
#23
  • Svalbard
  • Age: 30
  • Gender: Female
  • Race: Human
  • Rank: Imperial Knight
  • Total Posts: 8
  • Played by: G
190 Mana · View All Items?
Out of the corner of her vision she monitored the conflict, torn between containing the current threat and the honestly more looming danger to Kheim at large. The flames can and would be devastating if not properly stifled and while it irked her to not be dealing with the root of the issue directly but it had enough hands on the beat of its pulse. Hopefully. Even still, the rising tension between people instead of against the cockatrice earned the participants a swift, knifelike glance. Busy though she is, that would be remembered.

If nothing else, the dicey scheme seemed to be working at first glance. That, and it snagged another helper in the fight against the fires. She is too focused on the flames and the casualties and the civilian lives that hung in the balance to waste time being irked over the solid soaking Valkon's help gave her, but even still it earned the steed a swift, cutting glance. That would've come much in handy BEFORE the fire had spread beyond the reach of her limited equipment. The buckets are a drop in the sea compared to his hydrokinesis and she snapped into action at this revelation. "Could you get the surrounding buildings? Soak them all, we may stop it yet!" She was quick to point despite the fact she had no true authority beyond her own self. There is hope laced into the authoritative shout though. If they could limit the spread brfore it latched onto more houses and ripped through them and their inhabitants like so much dry tinder, the people around them could yet be saved.

Then, she redoubled her efforts to marshal the knights into anything resembling a fire fighting brigade.
Offline Alexander Jul 19 2020, 8:08 PM
#24
  • Svalbard
  • Age: 31
  • Gender: Male
  • Race: Human
  • Rank: Civilian
  • Total Posts: 11
  • Played by: KittyKookiez
120 Mana · View All Items?
The man putting up the barrier was too distracted to pay Alex much mind, focused more on the bleeding cockatrice than anything else. All he got was a pitiful 'I'm sorry,' then the guy said some words about calming the beast, and kept repeating it until Alex could no longer hear it. Whatever. The man wasn't dismissive of the alicorn-riding woman nearby the other, her words causing Alex to huff in annoyance. Anything that might've been said was instead stilled, the flaring pain along his side causing too much pain. He held his pained arm close to his body, then looked back at the cockatrice to find it was beginning to become moreso frightened than anything else. Alex had half a mind to attack it now, its attention growing ever-more on the foolish man trying to calm it. His uninjured arm grew warmer and heated, static flowing between the spaces of his fingers, but it was hard to focus. The pain was too much. Everyone was busy either calming the fires or trying to calm the beast, and so he realized that attacking now would probably mean death for him. He rubbed his head, the alcohol helping to dull some of the pain, but also blurring his thoughts.

It was probably best to wait this one out.

Alex is standing by and waiting to see what Sir Lobos does next.
------

Assume Alexander is speaking English, unless otherwise specified.
Offline Cynebald Jul 20 2020, 6:28 PM
#25
  • Ballasburn
  • Age: 24
  • Gender: Male
  • Race: Human
  • Rank: Citizen
  • Total Posts: 8
  • Played by: Isilzheha
30 Mana · View All Items?
They were listening.

It was a strange sensation, though not one the human really could relish in the moment. He was too busy trying to keep the smoke from making it impossible to see. It stung, though it was so miniscule in comparison to the blistered and tender flesh of his neck, shoulders, and sides. Anywhere the backpack had not covered suffered grievous injuries Cynebald didn’t know the severity of. How could he when it was increasingly more difficult to keep his footing. The world swayed, ebbing in and out of focus like it was pulsing in tune with his rapid heartbeat. He’d never experienced such pain before. It naturally shocked his system, like the electricity would have if it had stricken him. But now they were quieting down as much as such chaos would allow. Another lull, another chance.

None of them attempted to crash through the barrier. There were knights demanding what was going on, and the cockatrice was starting to grow more frightened. Though no more flames came from its beak, the injured beast kept him in its sights with soft, warning clicks. More snaps of the beak, eyes boring into him, and Cynebald distantly heard the drone of someone’s voice. It was firm but calm, matter-of-fact, and he nodded his head. A regretful action once it happened, as he swayed on his feet. It hurt to move and hurt to breathe, the smoke stifling in his lungs. The beat of the alicorn’s wings helped them to filter out further. With some of the fires being put out it would clear, but there were still plenty to perpetuate it.

Cynebald moved slowly, not that he really had any other options in the matter, and kept the cockatrice in his line of sight. For all of his passions, his cognition, his deductive reasoning and the intelligence that surrounded it all he didn’t think that this might be a situation he didn’t walk away from. That’s certainly not what he’d thought jumping into the fray. That reality was one he covered in hope, as desperate as it might be and seemingly insane to those watched. Cynebald didn’t try to apply logic to that, as he knew it had no place in that. Those were the moments that frightened him most.

Some of the bait was charred and useless, others a bit cooked if nothing else, and Cynebald had to fight himself just to take some of it into his hand. Getting back up from that stooping position was grueling and agonizing, and he tried to choke down the whimper and wipe the tears from his heated face. “Just… you and me, fella,” he practically gasped when he returned to the cockatrice. There was about fifteen feet between them, which became fourteen then thirteen. “They won’t hurt you anymore, o-okay? They were scared, just like you, right?” he said, feeling kind of silly talking to the beast this way. He knew they were intelligent, especially so to accept someone as their rider or their companion they would carry things for. But Cynebald had not the magic to speak to animals like he’d seen some have. “We can help,” he offered, grimacing when his lead-like legs gave and he couldn’t keep walking, the bait still in hand and held out, “get you back where you need to be. Eh, heal you up, too...” He didn’t want to think that the owner was dead, but that felt the most likely scenario to have it wander where it did.




Action: Attempting to further reason with Sir Lobos to calm him, and offers up some of the Bait.
Discord Server Bot: 12 (with advantage)
Away Gi Jul 21 2020, 6:53 AM
#26
  • Age:
  • Gender: Non-binary
  • Race: Human
  • Rank:
  • Total Posts: 1
  • Played by: G
110 Mana · View All Items?

SIR LOBOS ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆


  • Plants Teleportation Freezelock
    PLANTS | TELEPORTATION | FREEZELOCK



    HP: 150 (81)
    ABILITIES (1): Screech; GM roll for chance to stun enemy party for one turn
    BUFFS: None
    FLAVOR TEXT: Frightened by the gathering people, Sir Lobos attempts to retreat once more.

    ______


    → While Cynebald's words are soothing, the presence of the group of people that had assailed him before are enough to disrupt the attempt to reason and soothe him. With a ear piercing SCREECH, he uses the offensive noise to stun the party. You may act and respond this round, but no actions requiring ROLLS may be attempted.

    → The small fire caused by the downed lanterns and SALAMANDER'S Electrokinesis is entirely out. Larger fires continue to spread.


    ______


    ASA: 50HP | SALAMANDER: 30HP | HAN: 40HP | CYNEBALD: 30HP | ALEXANDER: 30HP